UPDATE: The position's been filled, and it wasn't an easy choice. Thanks to all our great applicants. Updates to come on our new hire. -DG
Yep, you heard right, an awesome social media marketing position is up for grabs here at Luckie & Company. Upside: Great job at a great company doing great things in social media. Downside: You'd report to me.
But if you think you (or an awesomely talented person you know) could endure my benevolent tyranny, check out the job description below and get a résumé in pronto. While not quite entry-level, this position might be a good fit for someone who's had a few years of real-world experience out of college.
If you’ve got a passion for social media, a proven knack for organizing big projects and strong writing skills, you could be the new Social Media Planner for Birmingham-based marketing agency Luckie & Company.
You’ll need to be fast, flexible and accurate as you manage everything from launching corporate blogs and Twitter feeds to coordinating national blogger-outreach campaigns. Whether you come from an advertising, PR, interactive or journalistic background, you’ll end up doing all of the above, so we’re looking for someone with a solid track record of taking initiative and getting results. This position reports to the Social Media Strategist and requires that you work full-time at the Luckie headquarters in Birmingham.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in online marketing, PR or journalism.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, PR or a related field
- Clear examples of work for clients in the social media space
- Proven experience with blogging, Twitter, Facebook and video sharing
- Excellent grammar, spelling and attention to detail
- Provide links to your public blogs and Twitter feeds
- Must complete criminal background check
- Adobe Photoshop
- Microsoft Excel
- Google Documents
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Radian6 or similar social analytics tools
- Web traffic analytics tools
Please help spread the word about this great opportunity. If you have questions about the job, please direct them to Melissa.
Obviously, I'll keep you all posted when our new addition arrives at Luckie HQ.